- If the Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus Juice Extractor is not available to be immediately shipped at the time of the prize draw, Charlomont may at its sole discretion at any time substitute or replace the prize to be given away under the promotion with any other goods or vouchers of equal value. The prize(s) are not transferable, exchangeable or refundable for cash, credit or any other such items except as Charlomont may determine at its sole discretion. The prize is the Ninja Countertop blender delivered to a residential address in the United States of America or Canada.
- Charlomont reserves the right to change the eligibility criteria or promotion mechanics at any time (with or without notice or reason) and/or determine, at its sole discretion, whether anyone should be excluded from participating in this promotion.
- Eligible participants (“Participants”) in the promotion must provide their email address through the landing page by no later than 12pm central US time time on 7 September 2018. The winner/s will be announced on Charlomonts social media pages during the week beginning 8 September 2018.
- Unless otherwise stated, costs and expenses relating to the Participant’s participation in the promotion such as other auxiliary expenses, any taxes, charges or returns related to the Participant’s participation in the promotion shall be borne by the Participant with the single exception of the one time delivery to a residential address in the U.S.A or Canada.
- Relevant tax authorities may impose taxes on the prize(s). The Participant receiving the prize(s) shall be responsible for any such obligations arising thereof.
- Charlomont will select a winner/s at its sole discretion.
- If the winning Participant cannot be contacted after a reasonable attempt has been made by Charlomont within seven (7) working days or does not agree to allow Charlomont to announce their name as the winner it shall be deemed that such a winner has automatically waived all rights to claim for the prize, and Charl0mont may at its sole discretion choose to pick an alternative winner/s.
- To the maximum extent permissible under applicable laws and regulations, Charlmont shall not have any liability to any Participants or third party, howsoever arising and under any cause of action or theory of liability, in respect of direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profit (whether direct or indirect), loss of data or loss of business opportunity arising out of the promotion or the prize(s). The aggregate liability of Charlomont arising out of the promotion and prize(s) shall be limited to the total value of the prize.
- By participating in this promotion, the Participant hereby agrees that Charlomont shall be kept harmless by the Participant and Charlomont shall not be responsible or liable for any claims, losses, liability, and damages of any kind asserted against any of them, incurred, sustained, or arising in connection with Participant’s participation in this promotion or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize(s) including but not limited to, any injury, death, damage, loss, or accident to person or property, or from the respective Participant’s breach of the terms and conditions of the promotion or infringement of any law, regulation and/or policies.
- By participating in the promotion, the Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees to waive any of its rights, if any, to take legal action against Charlomont and that, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, Charlomont shall have the right to seek damages or other remedies from the Participant if the Participant attempts to damage any websites related to Charlomont or undermine the operation of this promotion in any way.
- Charlomont may, at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, with or without notice, vary, modify, delete or add to the promotion terms and conditions, or withdraw or discontinue the promotion, at any time without obligation or liability.
- Charlmonts decision on all matters relating to the promotion and prize(s) shall be final, binding and conclusive, and no appeals and/or correspondences will be entertained.
- By entering into the promotion, the Participant hereby irrevocably consents and affirms that all entries submitted will become the property of Charlomont.
- The laws of Australia shall govern these Terms and Conditions. In the event of disputes (dispute, controversy or policy related matters) arising out of the promotion, the Participant agrees to first refer the matter for mediation. Neither party shall be prevented from referring the matter to local consumer tribunals or arbitration.
- Further information relating to the promotion: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy and online safety are important to Charlomont. We honour without reservation our obligation to respect and protect the personal and other data of the parties with whom we deal. We offer all clients and users the undertaking that we comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that are in effect from 25 May, 2018.
The Charlomont Group Pty Ltd (“Charlomont“, we or us) are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988(Cth) and comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (collectively ‘the Acts’) about how we handle your personal information.
The Data we collect depends on how our Services are used. Sometimes we receive Data directly, such as when you register for updates on our website, promotions or when you register to utilise the features of our website or purchase a product.
Other times, we may get Data by recording interactions with our Services by, for example, using technologies like cookies and web beacons. We also get Data from third parties, like our financial partners or identity verification services.
The collection and use of data from a variety of sources is essential to our ability to provide our Services – and to help keep the Services safe. Data is critical in helping us to increase the safety of Your online payments, and reduce the risk of fraud, money laundering and other harmful activity.
2. DATA WE COLLECT
We call Data that identifies, or that could reasonably be used to identify, You as an individual “Personal Data”. We collect Personal Data in different ways. For example, we collect Personal Data when a You register for a giveaway on the Charlomont website or social media, a Customer makes payments or a person responds to Charlomont emails or surveys. We also receive Personal Data from other sources, such as our partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources. Personal Data does not include Data that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific person. The Personal Data that we may collect includes:
- Contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address;
- Financial and transaction Data, such as credit or debit card number, and bank account information; and
- Other Personal Data, such as date of birth.
Charlomont uses social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to communicate with the public about its activities. Charlomont may collect your personal information when you communicate with us by using these social networking services, and the social networking services will also handle your personal information for their own activities. These social networking sites have their own privacy policies.
We call Data other than Personal Data “Other Data”. We collect Other Data through a variety of sources. One of our sources for Other Data is cookies and other technologies that record Data about the use of our websites, websites that implement our Services, and the use of our Services generally. Other Data that we may collect includes:
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services You are using;
- Cookie and tracking technology data, such as time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data; and
- Company data, such as a company’s legal structure, product and service offerings, jurisdiction, company records, and information submitted through the Medi-Secure-Safe Certification Application.
3. HOW WE USE DATA
We and our service providers use Personal Data to: (i) provide the Services; (ii) detect and prevent fraud; (iii) mitigate financial loss or other harm to Users and Customers; and (iv) promote, analyze and improve our products, systems, and tools. Examples of how we may use Personal Data include:
- To verify an identity for compliance purposes;
- To conduct manual or systematic monitoring for fraud and other harmful activity;
- To respond to inquiries, send service notices and provide customer support;
- To provide a customer service;
- For audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards;
- To develop new products;
- To send marketing communications;
- To target our advertising;
- To improve or modify our Services; and
- To conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of, our business.
In addition, where permitted under the Acts, we may from time to time also collect, use or disclose your personal data to conduct market research, understand and analyse customer behaviour, location, preferences and demographics for us to inform you of relevant offers or to provide information about products and services as well as special offers which may be relevant to your preferences and profile.
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE DATA.
Charlomont does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share Your Personal Data with trusted third parties, including:
- To Charlomont Affiliates.We share Data with entities worldwide that we control, are controlled by us, or are under our common control, to provide our Services. Charlomont Pty Ltd. is the party responsible for overall management and use of the Data by these affiliated parties;
- To Ticadoc Service Providers.We share Data with service providers who help us provide the Services. Service providers help us with things like payment processing (i.e., banks, credit bureaus, payment method providers), website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, Medi-Secure-Safe Certification and auditing;
- To Third Parties.We will share Data with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or equity (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- Safety, Legal Purposes and Law Enforcement.We use and disclose Data as we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, You or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside Your country of residence.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If You have reason to believe that Your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if You feel that the security of Your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
7. CHOICE, ACCESS AND YOUR RIGHTS OVER PERSONAL DATA THAT WE CONTROL
The Privacy Officer
You may opt-out of receiving most e-mails from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the e-mails. Alternatively, you may contact us as described herein. If you are our customer, you may not be able to opt out of all emails, including certain administrative or billing communications which are important to the ongoing maintenance of your account.
We may keep your personal data for as long as reasonably required to meet the purposes described herein. Additionally, we will retain this information as required by law, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. RETENTION PERIOD.
9. USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services. By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence.
10. JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER.
In particular, if you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, you should forward a written complaint to our Privacy Officer.
We will respond in writing within 30 days of receipt of a complaint. If you are not satisfied with our decision, you can contact us to discuss your concerns.
If the complaint remains unresolved, you have the option of notifying the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
How to contact us:
- By email: email@example.com